1/2 Photos of Buttermilk Waffles
Hey Jude's Note:
I found this when I was searching for a waffle recipe that would call for a larger quantity of buttermilk than is found in some other recipes I found here. These waffles have a nice twang from the buttermilk. The recipe stated that it makes 12 4-inch Belgian waffles....I got 12 7-8 inch waffles from it. From Gourmet Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat waffle iron; put a rack in the middle of your oven and preheat oven to 200°F.
- 2Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl; add buttermilk, butter and eggs and stir until smooth- batter will be thick.
- 3Brush waffle iron lightly with vegetable oil, if needed, and spoon about 1/2 cup of batter onto waffle iron and spread a little bit; cook according to iron directions.
- 4Transfer waffles to a baking sheet and keep warm, uncovered, in oven.
- 5Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.5
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.6 mg
- Sodium 730.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 7.1 g