Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup flour, unsifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Preheat griddle.
- Beat eggs with brown sugar until very light, about 2 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Stir gently into beaten eggs.
- Add buttermilk and oil.
- Stir only until mixed.
- Batter will be lumpy.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
- Cook until surface is covered with bubbles, turn, and cook other side until light brown.
- Cool on rack.
- Place pancakes in an airtight container with waxpaper between layers.
- Or wrap singly in foil.
- Label and store in freezer.
- To reheat in toaster: Remove from freezer and unwrap pancakes to be reheated.
- Set toaster on medium-low setting.
- Toast pancakes, twice if necessary, to heat through.
This was incredible and I was happy to see the low sugar content. They were very light and fluffy! Great recipe!