1/3 Photos of Buttermilk-Thyme Drop Biscuits
From "Everyday Foods" No. 19 (Jan. 2005).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, thyme, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- 3Using a fork or pastry blender, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 4Mix in buttermilk until a sticky dough forms. (You may need to add up to 1 tablespoons more buttermilk.).
- 5Drop 8 mounds (about 1/3 cup apieces) on to a nonstick baking sheet; lightly pat tops to flatten slightly.
- 6Bake until golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Transfer to rack to cool slightly, but serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk-Thyme Drop Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.0
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.4 mg
- Sodium 466.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.3 g