Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Delicious with pancakes, waffles etc. Buttery and kind of caramely. You will not taste the buttermilk. This comes from a friend of mine.
- Mix together sugar, butter, and buttermilk and bring to a boil. Boil for 45 seconds and remove from heat.
- Stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Serve over pancakes or waffles.
- Bottle and store in the refrigerator. Serve warm.
- (When I made it I found that it separated into layers in the refrigerator. Just wait till it has cooled most of the way and shake the bottle).
This is delicious! I'm not much of a sweet eater and this was a little on the sweet side for me but was a good treat. However, DH raved about it! We enjoyed it over 100% Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes that we added Blueberries to. It made for a great Saturday breakfast. Thanks!