Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
The buttermilk completely changes the taste of the pudding! It's delicious and simple to make. My neighbor says it's the best she's ever eaten.
- 3 -4 boiled sweet potatoes or 2 (16 ounce) cans sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Beat all ingredients together with an electric mixer.
- Bake in buttered round baking dish (1 1/2 quart) at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the dark brown sugar and brown under broiler.
Mmmmm! This didn't set up as solid as I was expecting but the taste was so good I didn't care! I cut the butter down to 1/4 cup and sprinkled the dark brown sugar on top from the beginning (skipping the use of the broiler). Made a great vegetarian dinner with the recipe #113979 I made along side. Thanks for the recipe!
Good and easy. I baked my sweet potatoes in the microwave instead of boiling them. They turned out great.