Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a very simple five ingredient recipe. Delicious, yummy desser!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1 (18 ounce) yellow cake mix (or lemon cake mix)
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Melt margarine in 13 X 9 pan.
- Mix 2 eggs and cake mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over melted margarine.
- Mix 2 eggs, powdered sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Pour over cake mixture.
- Bake 35-45 min in 325 degree oven.
This recipe deserves 10 stars! It has probably gotten the best reaction from my husband of any recipes I have tried from zaar. Neither of us love cake, but these were so delicious. We ate them warm with a large glass of milk. I will be passing this recipe on to everyone I know! Thanks.
Exactly like a recipe my Mom used to make called Gooey Butter Cake - easy and soooo good! I like them cold - right out of the fridge (but that's just me!). Went over really well at a family reunion, but with enough left over for me to take home and enjoy!
So easy to make! The taste is wonderful. It's still warm and I wonder if this great treat will slice well cool. If it does I have a new holiday take along. I will re-review if it dosen't do well cool. Thanks for a really good easy recipe! Jean