Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
I love to bake these in fall and winter; the aroma is so warm and inviting as these bake and the cakes are so tender. Frost with a cream cheese or maple frosting and serve with mugs of warm cider. Yummy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Grease and flour 12 muffin cups, or line with paper wrappers; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, beat together the butter and both sugars until well blended.
- Reduce mixer speed to medium; beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low; beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until combined.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tins; bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are golden and spring back when lightly pressed with a fingertip.
- Cool 15 minutes in the tins; invert onto wire racks and cool completely before frosting.