Recipe by K1968
A great way to use up some discarded sourdough starter. These are delicious freshly made but I like to make these on the weekend and freeze 3-4 together so my husband can have them for breakfast through the week.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, unsifted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup sourdough starter, batter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups warm buttermilk (about 110 degrees F)
- 2 large fresh eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sourdough starter batter, and buttermilk; beat until blended. Cover and let stand at room temperature for about 45 minutes (or cover and refrigerated overnight),.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, and oil. Add this to the flour mixture and stir well.
- Combine sugar, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter, then let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Get your pancake griddle or fry pan ready to go. I use a non stick spray to coat my pan but you could use melted butter or margarine.
- Makes: 2 dozen pancakes, 4 inches in diameter.