Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a fantastic pancake, the buttermilk and sour cream makes these very tender. This recipe can also be make with fresh only (not frozen) chopped strawberries. The pancake even made without the fruit is just as wonderful. Can add in a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract to the batter if desired. I have made these many times omitting the fruit and froze the pancakes to have later, they freeze wonderful. You will love these!
Top Review by loof
Delicious and hearty pancakes! I used only 2 tablespoons of sugar and I thought they were sweet enough that way. The sour cream gives these a lovely rich taste that's great with the blueberries. Thanks for posting the recipe!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (fresh or semi-defrosted, use no more than 1/2 cup or the pancakes will not have a good texture)
Directions See How It's Made
- Generously grease a frypan or griddle.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar (if you prefer a really sweet pancake just add in another tablespoon of sugar) together in a bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together egg, buttermilk, sour cream and melted melted butter until well combined.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients; whisk/mix to combine.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Drop about 1/4 cup (can use more batter if desired) onto hot frypan or griddle, and fry until underside is brown and the edges begin to bubble.
- Turn over pancake with a spatula, and continue baking for a couple of minutes.
- Top with sour cream mixed with brown sugar, or drizzle maple syrup or blueberry syrup over top.