1/3 Photos of Buttermilk Sour Cream Blueberry Pancakes
This is a fantastic pancake, the buttermilk and sour cream makes these very tender. This recipe can also be make with fresh only (not frozen) chopped strawberries. The pancake even made without the fruit is just as wonderful. Can add in a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract to the batter if desired. I have made these many times omitting the fruit and froze the pancakes to have later, they freeze wonderful. You will love these!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Generously grease a frypan or griddle.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar (if you prefer a really sweet pancake just add in another tablespoon of sugar) together in a bowl.
- 3In another bowl whisk together egg, buttermilk, sour cream and melted melted butter until well combined.
- 4Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients; whisk/mix to combine.
- 5Fold in the blueberries.
- 6Drop about 1/4 cup (can use more batter if desired) onto hot frypan or griddle, and fry until underside is brown and the edges begin to bubble.
- 7Turn over pancake with a spatula, and continue baking for a couple of minutes.
- 8Top with sour cream mixed with brown sugar, or drizzle maple syrup or blueberry syrup over top.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Sour Cream Blueberry Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.3
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 76.9 mg
- Sodium 464.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 7.4 g