Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe comes from www.recipehound.com & it being posted here in preparation for the ZWT6.
Top Review by loof
Very unusual and tasty "soup"! I liked the consistency of it but I wish it had been a bit sweeter - I will probably try sauteing the apples in some butter/brown sugar before adding them to the soup next time. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 1 granny smith apple, large (peeled, cored, thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix flour with 3/4 cup buttermilk (should look like a thick white sauce) then transfer it to a heavy saucepan & whisk in the remaining 3 1/4 cups of buttermilk.
- Bring this mixture to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly, then reduce heat to low & cook for another 8 to 10 minutes, & continue to stir.
- Add the apple slices, granulated sugar & salt, & continue to cook & stir for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with a sprinkling of brown sugar on top.