Really simple hot, Dutch soup. Cooked barley, rice or oatmeal can be used instead of flour.
My Private Note
- 1Mix flour with a little water until smooth; add 1 pint of the buttermilk.
- 2Let come to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent separating.
- 3Add the rest of the buttermilk, a little at a time.
- 4Serve hot with sugar or molasses.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Soup (karnemelksche Pap)
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.3
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 514.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 23.5 g
- Protein 18.6 g