Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
A deliciously smooth, sweet soup. My mother used to make sweet milk soups when I was growing up. I think that this kind of soup in customary mainly in Northern Europe. From Jean Pare's Company's Coming Soups & Sandwiches. Cooking time is chill time.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Wasn't sure how this would turn out since I'd never many anything like this before, but it came out very, very well, I thought! I whipped up some real cream for this & topped if off with a bit of homemade strawberry jam that I'd made earlier last year! Thanks for introducing me to this delight! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup whipped cream, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks then add sugar, lemon juice, lemon rind and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth and well mixed.
- Slowly beat in buttermilk.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When serving, top each bowl of soup with a dollop of whipped cream and top whipped cream with a bit of jam.