Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Relatively low-fat recipe with that yummy tang of buttermilk. Recipe is from Louisiana Cookin' magazine.
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small head cabbage, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion (green parts only)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, buttermilk, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, sugar, celery salt, salt and pepper.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the cabbage, onions, parsley and green onions. Add the dressing mixture and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving.