Recipe by Outta Here
Scalloped potatoes with a bit of tang from buttermilk. No need to make a white sauce. Great side for pork or chicken. PLEASE NOTE: In step 7, DO NOT BOIL the buttermilk, or it will curdle.
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Coat the inside of a 2-quart casserole dish with nonfat cooking spray.
- In a large zip-type plastic bag, combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add potato slices and seal bag. Shake until potato slices are coated with flour mixture.
- Layer slices in casserole dish.
- In a medium saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add buttermilk to pan and heat; DO NOT BOIL!
- Pour mixture over potatoes and bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.