1/6 Photos of Buttermilk Scalloped Potatoes
1 hr 14 mins
1 hr 4 mins
Scalloped potatoes with a bit of tang from buttermilk. No need to make a white sauce. Great side for pork or chicken. PLEASE NOTE: In step 7, DO NOT BOIL the buttermilk, or it will curdle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Coat the inside of a 2-quart casserole dish with nonfat cooking spray.
- 3In a large zip-type plastic bag, combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika.
- 4Add potato slices and seal bag. Shake until potato slices are coated with flour mixture.
- 5Layer slices in casserole dish.
- 6In a medium saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 7Add buttermilk to pan and heat; DO NOT BOIL!
- 8Pour mixture over potatoes and bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Scalloped Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.1 mg
- Sodium 715.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 6.6 g