Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make as Salad Dressing or Dip
- 2 teaspoons instant onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- For Salad Dressing: Mix with buttermilk and mayonnaise. For Dip: Combine the mix with sour cream and mayonnaise.
This was close enough to a wonderful old buttermilk dressing recipe that I didn't need to publish my version. I simply deleted the mayonnaise so the amazing taste of buttermilk shines through. Simple, elegant and especially good served over an avocado and shrimp salad. I''l squeeze a lemon wedge over the salad when ready to serve.
Great blend of seasonings for a basic dressing. I didn't have any instant onion on hand and subbed Penzey's Shallot Pepper Seasoning. I mixed this up one evening and the next used it as the "ranch" base of Recipe #149509. It worked perfectly.