Recipe by Bev
Regular russet potatoes will work fine in this recipe if you are unable to find the Yukon Gold.
Top Review by Evie*
What a great idea! I used Nadine potatoes (general purpose) The crunchy roasted potato mashed with the buttermilk and chives make this dish a real winner. I didnt use as many potatoes so cut the amount of buttermilk back too. Thanks Bev!
Prepare and Roast
- 6 -7 cups yukon gold potatoes, pototes peeled and cut into large chunks (2 1/4 lb)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Mash and Add
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk, warmed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare potatoes for roasting by peeling and cutting into large chunks.
- Toss with oil.
- Place in 425°F oven on lowest rack for best browning.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes, turning at least once.
- Mash potatoes in large bowl, leaving them slightly chunky.
- Stir in buttermilk, butter, and chives.
- Season with salt and pepper.