Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 pinches salt
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, snipped
- salt & pepper
- Mash together garlic and salt to form a paste. Remove to a small bowl.
- Whisk in buttermilk sour cream, lime juice, parsley, chives, and salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Use immediately or cover and refrigerate.
This recipe sounds good, because it uses fresh ingredients and not dried. I will give it a try, since I am looking for a recipe that is lower in fat and sodium, but it still has to have all the taste. It's very hard to find Ranch Dressing in the UK, and in the USA I noticed that all the low fat ones were full of MSG and Corn Syrup too.
It didn't have the richness I am used to in a ranch dressing. Could be because I used low fat buttermilk and light sour cream.