Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a reduced calorie ranch dressing for lettuce. You only want to use about 2 tablespoons for an entree sized salad or 1 1/2 tablespoons for a side salad. I usually use olive oil mayonnaise, which gives it a slightly higher calorie count (about 10 calories). This recipe is adapted from "Slim & Scrumptious: More Than 75 Delicious, Healthy Meals Your Family Will Love" by Joy Bauer.
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk (shake well before measuring)
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon (juiced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Alternatively, place all ingredients in a jar, with a tight fitting lid, and shake.