1/2 Photos of Buttermilk Quick Bread
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely minced or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil, finely minced or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme, finely minced or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray the interior of a 8-by-4-inch loaf pan with a vegetable oil spray.
- 3In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients except for sesame seeds.
- 4In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, egg, honey and oil; stir into flour mixture just until blended.
- 5Spoon batter into the baking pan.
- 6Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top.
- 7Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 8Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- 9Turnout and cool completely on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Quick Bread
Serving Size: 1 (695 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.2
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.9 mg
- Sodium 196.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 3.0 g