This bread is a plain quick bread that you can spread honey, jam, jelly, or make a sandwich from. It is wonderful. I use the buttermilk powder instead of liquid buttermilk and it works fine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- 3Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- 4Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- 5Combine the buttermilk, butter and egg whites, stirring with a whisk.
- 6Add wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just moist.
- 7Spread batter into an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- 8Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 9Cool 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Quick Bread
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.9
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.3 mg
- Sodium 277.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g