Recipe by Darkhunter
Posted for ZWT6 North Africa/Middle East leg of tour. Buttermilk pudding is a staple of both North and South Africa.
- 30 g butter or 30 g margarine
- 160 g sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 15 g flour
- 1 ml salt
- 1 ml vanilla extract
- 250 ml milk
- 250 ml buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time and incorporating into mixture.
- Add the flour, salt and both milks, alternating dry and liquid ingredients and combining thoroughly after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold egg whites into mixture.
- Pour into deep heat-proof bowl and bake at 180C for one hour.
- Serve with berry sauce of your choosing.