Recipe by Recipe Junkie
Very refreshing in hot weather! Preparation time includes chilling time. From Heavenly Hash
Top Review by CheezCrazy
I was thrown by the gelatin requirements too. I used 2 - 7g envelopes of Knox unflavoured gelatine, which I suspected weren't enough but were all I had. I didn't set up firmly (more a yogurt consistency), but a 3rd envelope would have done it. But even though it didn't set, it was still delicious and I used it like yogurt and served it with berries.
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 (2 ounce) packages gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, soften the gelatin in cold water.
- Then add boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Using large bowl, dissolve the sugar in buttermilk.
- Add lemon juice and rind.
- Strain the gelatin into it and mix until well blended.
- Pour into 2 quart dish.
- Chill until set, about 3 hours.