Recipe by RecipeNut
We always make this around Thanksgiving and Christmas. When we make it, instead of a tube pan, we use a bundt cake pan
Top Review by Caryn
I'm always on the lookout for a good/different pound cake recipe, and this one did not let me down! My pound cake was sweet and buttery with a lovely texture that only buttermilk can produce; the cake melts in your mouth. I did not add the chopped pecans or lemon flavoring (some lemon haters in my house). I baked my cake at 325 degrees F for approximately 1hr 10min (1 1/2 hours would have been too long) - check your cake about every 5 minutes after you have baked it for an hour to check for doneness. I baked two pound cakes, and will be defrosting one next week to take to my DD's elementary school for Teacher Appreciation week. Wonderful recipe!
- 1 cup butter (or margarine)
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together sugar and butter- add eggs and beat well.
- Alternately add milk, soda and flour to above mixture- adding flour last.
- Add in Flavorings, and mix well.
- Grease tube pan.
- DO NOT FLOUR.
- Spread chopped nuts evenly on bottom of pan and pour batter over nuts.
- (nuts maybe omitted).
- Bake at 310 to 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Let cool slightly before removing from pan.