Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful pound cake that even the most picky eaters will love! Every time I make this, it is gone in no time.
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in flavorings.
- Pour into greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (163 degrees C) for 1 hour.
I wanted something not too sweet and so I made this. It really fit the bill and was delicious. Thanks Anke for the delightful recipe. I'll certainly make it again! Nancy
Wonderful moist cake. I substituted orange juice and zest for the lemon extract and made 2 loaf cakes instead of using the tube pan. I might try adding cranberries or something interesting in the future. Thanks for posting.
Nice moist and light cake. Didn't have any lemon extract so used grated rind of a lemon and orange, great citrus taste. This is also a good basic recipe that could be adapted to lots of different flavours.