1/5 Photos of Buttermilk Pound Cake
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Donna M.'s Note:
This versatile cake is quick to mix up and tastes wonderful! It has been a winner in my family for over 35 years. The recipe originally came from an aunt of mine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream sugar, shortening and eggs.
- 2Add flavoring.
- 3Combine dry ingredients.
- 4Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk.
- 5Pour batter into greased and floured tube cake pan.
- 6Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 300°.
- 7Cool 10 minutes and turn out of pan.
- 8VARIATIONS: Add 1 cup of chocolate chips, melted, to batter for chocolate cake.
- 9Add grated orange or lemon peel for orange or lemon cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.8
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 35.4 mg
- Sodium 195.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: