Cook1 hr 30 mins
Love the texture of this pound cake. My husband's mother enjoyed making this for family gatherings or sharing with friends. It is a really nice treat.
- Be sure to reserve 1 Cup sugar for the egg whites.
- Separate egg yolks and whites.
- Mix all ingredients except whites.
- Beat egg whites and add 1 Cup sugar continuing to beat until the whites are stiff.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the cake batter.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours or until done.
This made a very nice pound cake. I added the egg yolks one at a time to the creamed butter/sugar mixture, then mixed in the combined flour/baking soda, alternatley with the buttermilk. It was best served the following day, Sitting overnight improved the fluffy, moist, texture and nice, vanilla flavour. I frosted this cake with a caramel icing and we really enjoyed it !!