Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe comes from Fleischmann's yeast company.
Make and share this Buttermilk Potato Bread ( Breadmaker 1 1/2 Lb. Loaf) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup buttermilk, plus
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Measure all ingredients into bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer, adding potato flakes with liquid ingredients.
- Process on basic/white bread cycle; use medium/normal crust color setting.
- Do not use delayed-bake feature.
- Remove bread from pan; cool on wire rack.
This was excellent. I used thedough cycle and raised in pan. Next time think I'll leave out the thyme. Thanks
Nice light loaf I made using dough setting of ABM then shaped into a boule & baked in stainless steel pan - 425 for 8 minutes then 325 for 30 minutes until done. Rose high (brushed with egg & then slashed before baking) & the taste has improved - with the thyme more apparent after overnight rest. Will join a pot of Navy bean soup tonight. Thanks for the nice recipe Mercy!
I made this bread on 6/13/2011 for the Baked Goods Event in the Photo Forum. Instead of doing the whole thing in the machine, I just used the dough cycle.In case anyone is interested on how it was finished off in the oven here it goes,after taking the dough out it was kneaded for about 5 to 6 minutes.Then shaped into a loaf and place into a greased loaf pan,covered and left in a warm place for a second rise (about 1 hour ).Placed into a pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes.Then let it cool in the pan for about 20 minutes,removed from pan until completely cooled( I had to sneek a piece while it was still slightly warm ;))I thought it had just a bit too much thyme( maybe because I used ground instead of dried,not sure.).But other than that the taste was very good and had a nice,soft texture.Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :)"