Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I saw this in the Taste Of Home magazine and I thought that it sounded good!! I am sure the meat would be really tender making pot roast this way!! It is a recipe by Anne Powers of Munford, Alabama and she says that it melts in your mouth and she's been making it for company for years! Let me know how you like it!!!
- Spread mustard over roast; place in a dutch oven.
- Sprinkle with soup mix and pepper.
- Arrange vegetables around roast; pour buttermilk over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Transfer meat and vegetables to a platter and keep warm.
- Skim fat from drippings; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced to 1 cup then serve it with the beef and vegetables.
As is I don't feel that this is a spectacular pot roast but like any pot roast you really can adjust to your family's taste as I did. The buttermilk definitely makes the meat tender but I felt it lacked flavor from the seasoning and don't know that I would make this again.