Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
This lighter version of the popular and yummy salad dressing uses Splenda and reduced-fat mayo. I got it from the Splenda website.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Pour half of the buttermilk into a small saucepan. Add the cornstarch and stir well, using a wire whisk. Stir until the cornstarch is fully incorporated and there are no lumps. Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbling (about 3-4 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Pour buttermilk mixture into a medium bowl. Add remaining buttermilk, sweetener, mustard, reduced-fat mayonnaise and salt. Stir well. Add poppy seeds and stir well. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour or until ready to use.