Make and share this Buttermilk Pie With Gingersnap Crumb Crust recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Make pie crust, using 8 inch pie pan, do not bake.
- Mix sugar and margarine in medium bowl until blended; beat in egg whites and egg.
- Stir in flour, salt, and buttermilk until well blended.
- Pour filling into prepared crust, bake 40 minutes or until sharp knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve warm or chilled.
- Combine graham crumbs, gingersnap crumbs, and margarine in 8 or 9 inch pie pan, pat mixture evenly on bottom and side of pan.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edge of crust is lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.
Hi,I am trying to follow this recipe to make it and it is just confusing to me. Step # 2 says make pie crust, do not bake. Then in Step # 7 after pie has been baked it says Combine graham crumbs, gingersnap crumbs, and margarine in 8 or 9 inch pie pan, pat mixture evenly on bottom and side of pan. Then in step #8 it says .Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edge of crust is lightly browned. I am totally confused . Tristitia could you reread the recipe , I am totally confused on the crust. Thanks
This was my first buttermilk pie (I had never heard of it before 'zaar!) I used a prepackaged graham cracker crust. This was such an easy recipe for such a yummy, comfort-food dessert! I was shocked to see the 2 layers form after baking; I assume that's normal? It all tasted just great, though. Maybe too sweet for some, but not for me!
flavor was a little bland. but it was easy to cook.