3 hrs 45 mins
1 hr 45 mins
A Southern treat from Martha Stewart
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Graham Cracker coated pie crust
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 4 graham crackers, finely ground (1/2 cup)
- 1For crust: Use a 10-inch pie plate.
- 2Pulse flour and salt in food processor.
- 3Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4With machine running, add ice water a little at a time until dough just holds together.
- 5Turn out dough onto a lightly floured work surface and flatten into a disk.
- 6Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 7Spread graham crumbs on clean work surface.
- 8Roll out dough on top of crumbs, coating both sides, int6o a 14 inch round about 1/8 inch thick.
- 9Fit into pie plate, crimp edges and refrigerate shell at least 30 minutes.
- 10For Pie: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 11Prick bottom of shell with a fork, line shell with foil, fill with dried beans and bake until edges are lightly browned- about 25 minutes.
- 12Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes to lightly brown bottom of crust.
- 13Cool completely.
- 14Reduce oven to 350.
- 15In a bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, egg yolks and vanilla.
- 16In another bowl combine sugar, flour and salt.
- 17Whisk liquid ingredients into dry ingredients.
- 18Pass through a fine strainer into a clean bowl.
- 19Stir in lemon zest.
- 20Pour mixture into pie shell and bake until center is just set, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- 21Cool and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- 22Serve with berry sauce.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1825 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4849.2
- Calories from Fat 2085
- Total Fat 231.6 g
- Saturated Fat 134.3 g
- Cholesterol 2195.6 mg
- Sodium 3944.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 630.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 446.3 g
- Protein 72.4 g