Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
From taste of home. Sounds delicious!
Make and share this Buttermilk Pecan Waffles recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs until light. Add buttermilk; mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and beat until batter is smooth. Stir in butter.
- Pour about 3/4 cup batter onto a lightly greased preheated waffle iron. Sprinkle with a few pecans.
- Bake according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
I liked the ease of this. Make sure you chop the peacans up fairly small, I think I left mine a little too big and it keep the waffle iron from coming into good contact with all of the waffle surface. They didn't get quite as crispy on the outside as I like. They had a good taste and were great wtih syrup!
I added a few ingredients to mine, just eyeballing the measurements. I put in brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and I added double the pecans (dh is a fan of pecans). Cooked them in a Belgian waffle maker, served with regular ol' Aunt Jemima, mmmm, mmmm, mmmm!
Great waffles! I use a little more than the recommended amount of pecans and mix them right into the batter. I also leave out the butter - less fat and you can't taste the difference. Yummy!