This recipe came from a book called Breakfast in Bed and it's a great way to start your morning!
Make and share this Buttermilk Pecan Waffles recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt, In another bowl, beat the egg whites until they hold soft peaks.
- In a third bowl, beat the egg yolks with the buttermilk and butter.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the egg yolk mixture just until smooth.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites and pecans just until blended.
- Heat your waffle iron and bake the waffles according to the manufacturer instructions, browning and crisping on both sides.
These were fantastic waffles! The best we have ever eaten. They melt in your mouth. Thanks for posting this recipe.
Loved these waffles. Have to agree with Pets"R"us that the pecans really are not that necessary. This made 5 4X4 in my machine. Probably will cut recipe in half when there is just the two of us for breakfast. thank you for posting.
These waffles were excellent! Crispy and beautiful. I used the pecans but am sure they will be just as good if you were to leave them out! The recipe made six 4x4 inch waffles in my machine.