Susie in Texas's Note:
This pie is a delicious variation from the usual pecan pie made with syrup. The texture is more like a custard. For those who think regular pecan pie is too sweet or too rich, this recipe might be more to your liking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- 3Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
- 4Combine flour and salt together and add to mixture.
- 5Blend in buttermilk and vanilla.
- 6Add pecans last.
- 7Mixture will be thin.
- 8Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- 9Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes then reduce oven to 350 and continue baking for another 30 minutes.
- 10You may need to protect edge of piecrust with foil if it begins to get really brown.
- 11When done, pie will be a dark golden brown.
- 12Cool completely before slicing.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.5
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 135.3 mg
- Sodium 408.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 54.5 g
- Protein 7.8 g