Recipe by RecipeNut
These are great nutty pancakes! Cooking time is about 2-3 minutes on each side
Top Review by Baby Kato
I really enjoyed these splendid pancakes RecipeNut. The only change to your recipe was to add 3/4 cup of wild blueberries, as per my houseguests request. The blueberries were a nice combination with the pecans. The buttermilk pancakes, were light, fluffy and tender with tons of flavor. I served them with warm maple syrup. Thank you so much for sharing this treat, which I can't wait to make again. :)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine, melted
- 354.88 ml flour
- 118.29-236.59 ml chopped pecans
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 395.10 ml buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and butter.
- Combine flour, pecans, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the egg mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes.
- Cook until second side is golden brown.
- Makes 16 pancakes.