Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was in The Columbus Dispatch several years ago, submitted by a reader. She wrote that it was from the Inn at Honey Run in Millersburg, OH. I made it also, and it is really good as stated by the latest reader who posted it... Hope you enjoy it too!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 13-by-9-by-2-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Mix buttermilk and egg in small bowl. Combine flour, 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, sesame seeds, paprika, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture then coat with flour mixture. Place in prepared pan. Scatter coarsely chopped pecans over. Pour margarine over.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer for boneless chicken and 30 minutes longer for bone-in, until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
- PER SERVING: 368 calories; 32 g protein; 11 g carbohydrates; 22 g fat (3 g saturated); 105 mg cholesterol; 590 mg sodium; 2 g fiber.
Great ingredients but turned out bland. I don't think it was horrible, but it needed a little more zing - and I could tell when I made the "crust". I chopped fresh sage and added a little more pepper but it still needed more. I think it actually would be very good if a little brown sugar was thrown in the crust and also served with gravy. I'll try it one more time.