2 hrs 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup fresh dairy buttermilk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (your choice for heat) or 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (your choice for heat)
- 3 1/2 lbs fryer chickens, cut up
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Place butter in a large shallow roasting pan, and melt.
- 4Remove and set aside.
- 5Mix buttermilk and egg in a shallow bowl.
- 6Combine the flour, ground pecans, sesame seeds, paprika, salt and pepper, in an other bowl.
- 7Coat chicken pieces in the buttermilk/egg mixture.
- 8Then coat each piece in the flour/nut mixture.
- 9Can double dip again into milk and then flour if desired.
- 10Place each piece in the butter in roasting pan, turning each piece to coat with butter.
- 11Place skin side up.
- 12Sprinkle the pecan halfs over the chicken and bake 1 1/2 hours to 1 3/4 hours, until golden brown deep colour.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Pecan Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1161.2
- Calories from Fat 743
- Total Fat 82.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.2 g
- Cholesterol 330.9 mg
- Sodium 1599.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 80.7 g