Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Buttermilk Pecan Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup fresh dairy buttermilk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (your choice for heat) or 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (your choice for heat)
- 3 1⁄2 lbs fryer chickens, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in a large shallow roasting pan, and melt.
- Remove and set aside.
- Mix buttermilk and egg in a shallow bowl.
- Combine the flour, ground pecans, sesame seeds, paprika, salt and pepper, in an other bowl.
- Coat chicken pieces in the buttermilk/egg mixture.
- Then coat each piece in the flour/nut mixture.
- Can double dip again into milk and then flour if desired.
- Place each piece in the butter in roasting pan, turning each piece to coat with butter.
- Place skin side up.
- Sprinkle the pecan halfs over the chicken and bake 1 1/2 hours to 1 3/4 hours, until golden brown deep colour.
Made and reviewed for Fall '09 PAC. The boys and I really enjoyed this dish! We used cayenne and increased it to a full teaspoon - delicious! Thanks for posting!