We recently took a trip to Hotel Limpia in Ft. Davis, TX. They had this wonderful cookbook of hotel favorites and this recipe was included. This is a hotel favorite that is occasionally served as a dinner special. Simple but elegant. The chicken can be cut into strips and prepared as directed and served as an appetizer with honey mustard or ranch dressing for dipping.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, pecans, paprika, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Combine the egg and buttermilk in a second shallow dish.
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place the chicken between sheets of wax paper and flatten with mallet.
- Dip the flattened breats into the buttermilk mixture and then dredge in the flour mixture.
- Pour the melted butter into a baking dish; add chicken, turning once to coat with butter.
- Place in oven proof dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Chicken should be golden brown, garnish with fresh parsley, thyme or sage.