1/1 Photo of Buttermilk Pecan Chicken
We recently took a trip to Hotel Limpia in Ft. Davis, TX. They had this wonderful cookbook of hotel favorites and this recipe was included. This is a hotel favorite that is occasionally served as a dinner special. Simple but elegant. The chicken can be cut into strips and prepared as directed and served as an appetizer with honey mustard or ranch dressing for dipping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Combine the flour, pecans, paprika, salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- 3Combine the egg and buttermilk in a second shallow dish.
- 4Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel.
- 5Place the chicken between sheets of wax paper and flatten with mallet.
- 6Dip the flattened breats into the buttermilk mixture and then dredge in the flour mixture.
- 7Pour the melted butter into a baking dish; add chicken, turning once to coat with butter.
- 8Place in oven proof dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- 9Chicken should be golden brown, garnish with fresh parsley, thyme or sage.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Pecan Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.5
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 132.4 mg
- Sodium 398.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 33.7 g