Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I can't remember where I got this recipe, maybe Southern Living. I love it and it's very quick to prepare. The ground pecans and sesame seeds in the coating give the chicken a little crunch and great flavor.
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground pecans
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika (not 1/2 t!)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pecans
- Melt butter in baking dish; set aside.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients.
- Combine egg white and buttermilk.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and dredge in flour mixture, coating well.
- Place chicken in baking dish, coating once with butter.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until done.
This is great and will be a staple for Friday night dinners after a long week! I made it as directed and wouldn't change a thing. Thanks, LonghornMama! Made for Beverage Tag.
Excellent! THANK YOU for sharing! I will make it again for sure! LA :-)
This chicken dish was very good, but I have some changes. The amount of butter to coat the chicken in is not nearly enough. I used almost all of it with one breast. For the other breasts I dotted butter on top once they were in the baking dish. This seemed to do the trick without using way too much butter. Also, my family thought it needed more seasoning. Next time I will experiment with garlic and more pepper. We did enjoy the different taste and texture of the pecans and sesame seeds. The cooking time was perfect and the breasts were juicy.