The Buttermilk in this Panna Cotta recipe gives a wonderful tang to a normally dull sweet-milk taste. This is just slightly sweet, and wonderfully easy to make. Use my strawberry-pomegranate coulis, or even just whipped cream on top to serve.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream, sugar, and vanilla.
- Heat until warm (about 140 degrees F) or until vanilla has had enough time to steep and sugar is dissolved.
- While cream is heating, dissolve the gelatin in about 1/4 cup of room temperature water, in a medium bowl.
- Once cream has heated sufficiently, pour the mixture over the gelatin in the bowl and stir until fully dissolved.
- Stir in the buttermilk slowly, until just combined.
- Divide into 8 ramekins, and chill for 2 hours, or until set.