1/2 Photos of Buttermilk Panna Cotta
2 hrs 15 mins
"Pink Eyed" Jim Cortina's Note:
The Buttermilk in this Panna Cotta recipe gives a wonderful tang to a normally dull sweet-milk taste. This is just slightly sweet, and wonderfully easy to make. Use my strawberry-pomegranate coulis, or even just whipped cream on top to serve.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, combine the cream, sugar, and vanilla.
- 2Heat until warm (about 140 degrees F) or until vanilla has had enough time to steep and sugar is dissolved.
- 3While cream is heating, dissolve the gelatin in about 1/4 cup of room temperature water, in a medium bowl.
- 4Once cream has heated sufficiently, pour the mixture over the gelatin in the bowl and stir until fully dissolved.
- 5Stir in the buttermilk slowly, until just combined.
- 6Divide into 8 ramekins, and chill for 2 hours, or until set.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Panna Cotta
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.4
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 72.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g