Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Courtesy of: Claire Robinson, It's Too Easy To Impress - from Food Network's 5 Ingredient Fix
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 vanilla beans, split and scraped
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 2 cups buttermilk, at room temperature
- Sprinkle the gelatin over 2 TBS of water in a small bowl and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine half and half, sugar, vanilla pods, vanilla seeds and pinch of salt.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar and avoid scorching the milk.
- Reduce the heat and add the gelatin and buttermilk.
- Strain through a fine sieve, removing the vanilla pods and any milk solids.
- Pour mixture into 8 small ramekins and let cool to room temperature, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer to fridge and chill for 3 hours.
- To serve, briefly dip the bottoms of the ramekins in warm water and invert onto dessert plates.