Recipe by katew
A Donna Hay recipe. Setting time in fridge is not included.
Top Review by emcquaid
I followed this recipe and used whipping cream as we don't have pouring cream available in US markets to my knowledge. The mixture came out rather yellowed rather than white as shown in the picture. It also was extremely gelatinous. Too much so. I'm not happy with how this came out using US-market available products.
- 3 1⁄4 cups pouring cream
- 3 tablespoons gelatin powder
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 3/4 cup of cream in a bowl.
- Sprinkle over powdered gelatine, stir to combine.
- Set aside for 5 minutes till absorbed.
- Heat remaining cream, buttermilk, icing sugar and vanilla over medium heat.
- Stir till sugar dissolves then add gelatine cream.
- Stir till dissolved, strain and pour into lightly greased 7 cup mould or Bundt tin.
- Refrigerate till set.
- Dip mould into boiling water for 30 seconds before turning out onto a plate to serve.