Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Light and fluffy with a pecan crunch. We have these wonderful pancakes for supper sometimes.
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 3 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups buttermilk
- Beat egg yolks and butter in large bowl.
- Combine flour, pecans, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to egg mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Beat whites until stiff.
- Fold into batter.
- Cook on hot griddle with a little veg.
- oil until golden brown on both sides.
Excellent pancakes!! I did not add pecans .. My husband liked it a lot too ..
These are the best pancakes ever. Extremely light and fluffy. They are great with blueberries as well.