Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe found on happymoneysavor.com
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or 1/2 whole wheat flour and 1/2 all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar or 1 teaspoon honey
- Stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix the egg with the buttermilk and add to the flour mixture, stirring only until smooth.
- Add the melted butter and sugar.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop up batter and fry on a greased griddle between 325-350 degrees.
- To Freeze: Allow pancakes to cool completely after cooking. Then, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place pancakes on sheet without touching each other. Add another layer until all are flat and ready to freeze. Place in freezer until solid. Removed from freezer and add to gallon sized freezer bag and label. Reheat on griddle, microwave, or toaster.