Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My family asks for these on Saturday mornings.
Make and share this Buttermilk Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and stir just until large lumps disappear.
- Batter will still be a little lumpy.
- Ladle spoonfuls of batter onto hot griddle and cook until bubbles form and edges start to dry; turn and cook other side.
- Cooking time is approximate; it depends on how hot your griddle is.
Great recipe! Had lots of buttermilk to use upnsondoubled it. Makes nice fluffy pancakes! The batter was thick so I threw blueberries in half of it and made blueberry pancakes too. The thickness of the batter keptnall the blueberries from sinking to the bottom and they were evenly distributed. Thank you this will be my go to recipe now.
These are excellent pancakes, and have become our favorite. They are nice & light, even when I substituted part whole wheat flour. DH called them "killer"
These pancakes are melt-in-your mouth delicious. They have become a staple breakfast in our house.