Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
These pancakes have a little sugar in them. They have a good flavor without any toppings, but I like to top with strawberry jam and a 50/50 mixture of softened cream cheese and cottage cheese.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- additional vegetable oil (for frying)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, warmed
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- In large bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In separate bowl, measure buttermilk and oil.
- Whisk egg into buttermilk mixture.
- Whisk buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients.
- Heat 1-2 teaspoons oil in a medium skillet.
- Pour 1/4-1/2 c batter into skillet.
- When bubbles start to form in the middle of the pancake and the edges start to brown, flip the pancake.
- Watch for the pancake to heave up in the middle.
- The middle should reduce slightly and be golden on the bottom when it is done.
- Remove pancake to warming/holding plate.
- Continue the process of heating oil in the skillet and adding batter until all of the batter is used.
- Combine cream cheese and cottage cheese.
- To serve, spread jam or syrup on pancake and top with a dollop of cream cheese and cottage cheese mixture.