Recipe by evelyn/athens
These are great pancakes: Light and fluffy, with a subtle tang from the buttermilk.
Top Review by Hey Jude
These are the best pancakes I've ever made. I had some buttermilk to use up so I gave this recipe a shot and I'm so glad I did. Very tasty and fluffy. Thanks Ev, this one's a keeper!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 1 cup buttermilk, plus additional if necessary
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, egg and 1 cup buttermilk.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Heat a griddle over moderate heat until hot.
- Brush lightly with vegetable oil.
- Using a ¼ cup measure filled halfway, make 6 pancakes.
- Serve with butter and warmed maple syrup or honey.